7.19.2012

A Little Behind in Posting so here goes...

We were blessed to have Jess and Andy visit us over Father's Day weekend.  (About a month ago, now)  Keith and the two of them went downtown and went into the Ford Museum Visitor Center.  I liked this photo that Jess took while down there.  When they come home, they like to visit various places in the city.

SATURDAY

Keith and I decided since they were going to be home, we would celebrate Andy's birthday (July 2) early.  Since Andy's second love is apple anything such as pie or apple crisp, I decided to bake an apple crisp instead of a birthday cake. 
Birthday Crisp with Candles
Birthday presents!
 A book about Mao 
 Shaving kit
While Jess and Keith went out to do some errands, she came back with a big pack of FIREWORKS!
Big smile with a big box of fireworks!

Many Fourth of July's, Keith and Jess would shoot off fireworks at the base of our driveway.  Since they weren't going to be here for the 4th of July celebration, they celebrated a bit early.  I took a few shots of them going off.



Yep, Andy was even getting into it!  
SUNDAY

Sunday, after church, we drove up to Ludington to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad.  It was nice to see Lori and Rich (my sister and brother-in-law from NC) while we were there.  However, I was disappointed we never took any pictures with them while we were there.  :(  

Dad opening his Father Day's gift.  He was surprised!
MONDAY

On Monday, Jess and Andy had their own errands and people to visit.  They spent their day on their own doing just that.

TUESDAY

Tuesday, we took them to a used bookstore over in East Grand Rapids, visited some shops with Jess while Andy was at the bookstore, stopped at Starbucks for a 'fix' for Jess, and picked up Andy from the bookstore and headed back to Wyoming for some bowling and dinner before they had to head to the airport.
 Gaslight Village
 Starbucks!


 Fun time at the bowling alley!

Keith and I hadn't bowled in about 10 years! It was so fun.  We've really missed it.  

Sit back and watch very carefully.  I only wish the camera would have taped the next few seconds following the end of this one!

Following our bowling adventure, we went out for dinner at Chili's before they had to leave for the airport.
These are our "Farewell" photos.  




2 comments:

  1. I have pictures from Father's Day with everyone!! I will send them to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh great! I also would like the photos we took when I was at your place for Easter? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete