3.18.2012

News and Prayer Requests

Since it has been quite some time since I have updated, I thought it was time for me to do so.  I have some things to bring before you and ask you to be in fervent prayer.

FREEDOM CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL
STUDENT MINISTRIES MISSION TRIP 

About a month ago, Keith was approached by the Head of School to see if he would be interested in accompanying the High School students on their mission trip to the Dominican Republic over Spring Break (like he did two years ago).  After thinking and talking it over with me, Keith and I decided this is something the Lord would have him do.  He immediately mailed out some support letters.  With the late date of joining the team, he had to act quickly in order to raise his needed amount.  The Lord has blessed in various ways to provide just about all his needed support in less than 3 weeks!  Why do we question the Lord's provision?  He promises He will, indeed, supply our every need.  Keith and the team will be departing on March 30 and return on April 9.  Below are a few pictures from his previous Dominican Republic trip.


Home away from home


Restroom

Guy's bunk room with mosquito netting
This year Keith will not be going in the same capacity as he did before, as a leader.  There are four other adults going as well as 32 students.  He's looking forward to ministering to the people in DR as well as our high school students.  It seems whenever I have gone on a mission trip to minister to others, I ended up being the one ministered to.  Praying for a fruitful time for Keith and the students.

MOM

Mom standing in the remodeled part of their kitchen
My dear sweet precious Mom will be soon celebrating her 85th birthday.  {April 5}  This past week, she was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma, which is a type of skin cancer.  To make things a bit more difficult is that it was found inside her mouth.  The doctor that did the biopsy (in Muskegon) has referred her to another doctor.  We will find out more details Tuesday when we visit the doctor for her re-check where he did the biopsy.  She has had this for about 4 months and thought it was something like you get when a person would chew the side of their mouth.  Please keep her and my Dad in your prayers.  Thanks so very much for uplifting her at this time.  I will post again after her visit on Tuesday, to let you know the plan.

MY PLANS

While Keith is gone on his trip, I made plans to go to Ludington to spend time with Mom and Dad
from Friday through Tuesday, and also celebrate Mom's birthday early.  Then, I would head back to Grand Rapids for a couple days and pack my suitcase, board a plane and head to Washington, D.C. to visit Jessica and Andy for Easter weekend.  These plans were all made, however, before I had any idea of Mom's diagnosis.  We are also praying that I will be able to go with her to her upcoming doctor appointments, even though, we want her to be able to get to a doctor as soon as possible for treatment.

HEATHER

Finally, I just want to also mention to pray for Heather, a former Freedom student of Keith's.  A few years ago, she had a heart transplant.  Following her transplant, her mother was diagnosed with cancer.  Just a week ago, Heather has been diagnosed with lymphoma.  This morning tears came to my eyes as I read Heather's update.  Heather wrote:  "I am reminded in II Corinthians 12:9-10 which says 'But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.'"

Thank you for taking the time to read this today.  I know it was longer than usual, but I just needed to share.  Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment