3.13.2011

Vivian M. Wittebols February 12, 1920 - March 12, 2011

This morning as I begin to write, this song was given to me yesterday by my dear friend, Pat.
Just think of stepping on shore, And finding it Heaven
Of touching a hand, And finding it God's
Of breathing new air, And finding it celestial
Of waking up in glory, And finding it home!

I have thought of my sweet Mother-in-Love, going Home to Glory yesterday, March 12.  Keith had decided to make one more trip over to see her Saturday, for which I am so thankful that he was there when she finally went Home.  No more suffering. 

I will always remember her as a huge prayer warrior.  Whenever we had a care or concern, she would always bring it to the Lord's attention and pray.  Pray like none other.  I will miss you, Mom.


Mom dearly missed her husband of 64 years, for the last 8 + years.  There wasn't a day that she woke up that she didn't miss that man.  Sixty-four years of marriage is a very long time these days.  What a legacy they leave their children of a godly example of marriage.
Mom also loved her children and grandchildren.  She adored each one of them.  I came across this picture of her holding Jess when she was just 17 months old.  Can't you just feel the hug?


Our last trip over to see her was on her 91st birthday.  We had such a sweet time together with our family.  Jessica brought Andy, her now fiance, over to meet her.  Of course, she wanted to play a game of "Sequence" with them before they left.  What a fun memory that will be for us all.  We had a fun time of laughing together, never even thinking we would be saying our final good-byes within a month. 


Finally, you will always be remembered for your special relationships you had with each of your grandchildren and great grandchildren.  Dad always doted on Jessica, and when he went Home to Glory, you took his place.  You will certainly be missed dearly by us all.  Our hearts will break for awhile, but we know you are Home where you have desired to be for a long time.  I will always love you, Mom.


1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you in your physical loss today, Keith & Marsha. But rejoicing with you that your Mom is now sitting in Heaven at the feet of her Savior! What a blessing to leave be able to leave such a godly legacy! Makes me remember Bart's Grandma Hall, as she passed away almost 2 1/2 years ago. Love & Prayers! <3

    ReplyDelete