3.05.2011

Home again...

     "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you & help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

     Early Tuesday morning, Vivian had told the doctor that she wanted to be put in Hospice care, after about five days on a feeding tube.  She just had no more fight left in her.  They had been giving her therapy and other exercises to do, but it was all just too much for her to fight back yet again, after fighting back after the previous two mini-strokes she had. 
     Wednesday, we packed up and drove to Shelby Nursing Center where she is a patient to visit her.  When we arrived, there were alot of family members there and we all had a sweet visit with her.  Our niece, Wendy tried and tried to hook up to her "hotspot" in order for Samantha, Amanda, and Jessica to be able to speak to her and them see each other.  For whatever reason, it didn't work.  So, we were able to put the phone to her ear and she would talk to Jess that way and we would help her communicate with her.  They were able to have a sweet conversation during that time.
     Thursday, the siblings were all able to enjoy time together as a family with their dear Mom.  They, indeed, had a wonderful visit together and laughed together at some fond memories. 
     Friday, Ken had arranged for as many of the siblings that could help out, to meet at Atria to move her things out of there back to her condo.  So, Ken, Judy, Judy, Rollan, Sue and Chuck were there.  While they were there, I went to visit Vivian. 
     When I arrived, they  had her propped up in her bed.  She has alot of congestion, so she prefers to be upward.  She was resting comfortably.  When I came through the door she opened her eyes and then we were able to have a short visit.  I was able to thank her for raising such a wonderful son, who I have been blessed with as my husband and father of Jess.  She got a big smile and said, "I know."  We laughed.  She also asked about my Mom and wondered how she is doing.  I told her she is on the mend.  I also told her how grateful I am that they became such wonderful friends with each other being they are inlaws of their kids.  You don't hear of that too often these days.  I also shared with her that Jess will also have that to be thankful for in that Andy's parents have already started to become friends with us as well.  For that we are so thankful!  I told her, "After all, we're sharing our kids with each other!"  That was the end of the conversation as I told her I loved her and she nodded off sleepily.  We had a sweet visit.  I stepped out for awhile as the nurses came in to change her and adjust her.  Then, Keith, Ken, Judy, Judy, Rollan, Sue and Chuck came back.  Keith told her good-bye and we left to return to Grand Rapids. 
     It was a bittersweet trip.  We know there will be a return trip in the near future, at which she will be present with her Lord and Savior.  We also know there will be no more fighting to get back strength and health issues, etc.  She'll be reunited with her dear husband, Carl.  What a reunion that will be!  With all that said, there will be so many people here that will miss her dearly.  She was a constant prayer warrior for us all, and a wonderful woman of God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment