Wednesday:
Mom woke up pretty well rested and with quite a lot of energy. She noted that her mouth felt a little swollen, and took a pain med. After we ate breakfast, she and I worked on a little project for Keith. We were able to get that finished, and then had some lunch. In the afternoon, we went outdoors to sit in the sunshine. I got out my pruners and she started in pulling weeds! I told her I thought she had better watch out not to overdo it. She hasn't been taking her pain medication, only about every 6-8 hours...or when it starts to bothers her. Keith had arrived home from school and we ate some dinner after he and Dad worked on the lawn mower. Mom and Dad went to bed around 10:00 and seemed to have a good night.
Thursday:
Mom and Dad slept in until 7:45 today. When Mom came out into the kitchen, she said her face was swollen again. To me, it looked even more swollen than yesterday. With that, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give her doctor's office a call to just check. The nurse returned the call by mid-morning and said, it will do that as she had been given steroids during surgery to keep the swelling down. It's starting to wear off now, so she may experience some more swelling. She will be going into her post-op appointment on Monday afternoon.
This morning, Dad watched his TV show, Matlock, and Mom worked on another little project to help Keith out, while I worked on yet another project of sorts for Keith. She finished her project and had a little lunch and now is taking a nap. I just wonder if she felt so good yesterday and the previous day because of the steroids. Today, she seems to not feel as good as yesterday, most likely from overdoing things.
I just want to share that Keith and I would appreciate your prayers for us as well, for an unspoken request. We SO appreciate all the prayers for Mom and Dad. Today, I noticed that when Dad got his sandwich for lunch, he sat down at the table where Mom and I were already sitting and he put out his hands to pray. God just may be starting to work on his heart. We sure keep praying that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment