6.30.2011

Showered in Pennsylvania!


Barbara Rogers (Jessica's mother-in-law to be) and Candice Rogers (sister-in-law to be) hosted a bridal shower in Pennsylvania for Jessica on June 18.  Jessica had said that she really thought it would be special if I were able to attend, so she gifted me with an airline ticket to Baltimore.  (She and Andy would pick me up on their way to Pennsylvania.)

On June 17, I flew out of Grand Rapids into Baltimore and so the trip began.  I arrived on time and was met by Andy and Jess right in front of the exit door.  We then drove to Saint Davids, Pennsylvania where I was introduced to Jim and Barbara Rogers, (Andy's parents), as well as Ben and Candice Rogers (Andy's brother and sister-in-law) and their sweet little daughter, Addison.  Later, I also met Andy's youngest brother, Sam and his wife,Veronica Rogers, just married, May 21.  What a wonderful family!

Saturday, June 18, we all got ready for the shower.  What a lovely shower it was!  I would say Jess was "showered" with love in Pennsylvania with all the nice gifts she received.   I felt so blessed I was able to be there to meet Barbara's friends and extended family as well.  It was such a beautiful day outdoors as well.  Perfect for a bridal shower! 

Barbara Rogers, Candice Rogers with Addison, Marsha, Jessica, Veronica Rogers

Jessica's future sisters-in-law


Me with my new friend, Barbara

 Jessica's awesome gifts

 Barbara's school pal, Austin, (and her daughter Isobel) came all the way from Oregon for the shower.  She created a mockbridal bouquet with the ribbons from the packages she opened.  Jess will be able to use it
at her wedding rehearsal.  What a creative way to use the ribbons.  :)

Finally, after almost 15 years, I was finally able to present Jess with her own copy of The Freedom
Family Keepsake Cookbook!  When the Freedom moms had put it together, Jess was in the fifth grade.  
I had decided when I purchased mine, I would also purchase one for Jessica to have for a keepsake of 
elementary school.  All this time, I had it in it's special place upstairs and she never found it.  :)  I just 
know she will get a lot of use from it.  

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend of being showered with love from family and friends in Pennsylvania.  Thank you, Jess, for your wonderful gift!  I was so blessed to be able to share in your special day with you.  




No comments:

Post a Comment